Easy Ways to Decorate Your Bathroom
We use our bathrooms a lot. We bathe in them, toss dirty laundry in them and don't think twice about it.
But, bathrooms are essential! They can be a bit of an oasis for you if you're willing to put in a little work. And since they are one of the smaller spaces in our homes, there's less square footage to tackle and we can jumpstart these spaces with less money. So, how do you decorate your bathroom the right way? Let's dive right in!
- Have fun with it. Pop in unexpected elements like a brass chandelier, charming printed tile or navy blue window treatment.
- Carefully chose your finishes (countertop, wood color, tile) so that your space looks beautiful on its own. This lessens the amount of decor or knick knacks you need here. This is key because if your base looks good, you won't need to dress it up much.
- Transform your space so that makes you feel good! Include soaps, colors and items you love. Try soothing lavender aromatherapy candles.
Don't be afraid of mixing metals. Especially in new construction homes, I always see bathrooms have all satin nickel or all dark bronze hardware.
It's okay to mix different textures, colors and patterns in these spaces. It will create a more lived-in and cozy space rather than a sterile "doctor office vibe."
- Display your bathroom needs out in the open, like a bag of cotton balls. Instead, for anything you use regularly... a lotion bottle or q-tips for example, opt in for a glass canister or jar instead! Decor and storage in one = dual purpose and less clutter.
- Ignore your bathroom spaces. Remember that when these spaces are designed well, they can act as an oasis for you every day-a place of pampering and relaxation.
Could you use more decorating tips? Subscribe below to get a FREE 5-page guide filled with design tricks only the pros know!